Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm leaving on a jet plane! Hello Utah!!

Well the time has come....and it can't come soon enough haha.  I was looking through all of the pictures that I have taken this summer and I decided that it is a gross misrepresentation of how it's actually been.  I hardly have any pictures of the rain.  I guess that I only liked to take pictures of the sunny days, which happen only about 1/4 of the time.  For example, it has been 10 days since I've seen the sun and it has been POURING rain.

Looking through my pictures has made me very grateful for the experiences that I've had in these past 4 months.  Being here has truly been a blessing and I've learned a lot about myself.  I've learned that it is possible to live without a cell phone, without a car, and without a grocery store.  I've learned that even though I strongly dislike animals, whales and porcupines are pretty cool.  I've learned that I really must have a testimony of the Church if I'm willing to bike 20 miles in the rain to get there every Sunday.  I've learned that it's more important to be with those I love than to be off having adventures by myself.

I can't wait to see everybody when I get home in 2 days!  Give me a call :)  Here are a few last pictures (sunny ones) to remind me of the good times here in Glacier Bay.

I'm turning into an Alaskan!

Fun at the tide pools

Eating a whole crab for my birthday dinner with Jen

In nursery with my favorite little guy

Sunset from my office

CUTE porcupine climbing a tree

No comments:

Post a Comment