Monday, July 11, 2011

The Perfect Day

Can I just say that today was AMAZING?!?!  The sun was out and it was probably around 70 degrees...yes!  Sarah and I went out on a Park Service boat this morning to watch the rangers board the cruise ship.  We were a tiny boat right up next to that huge ship and it was really cool to be so close.  We got to ride on the top of the boat (I can't remember what it's called but it reminded me of a crow's nest kind of) and we watched at least 10 different humpback whales.




Later we went kayaking up into the Beardslee Islands.  It was so serene and peaceful.  We had the Beartrack Mountains behind us and the snowy Fairweather Mountains in front of us.  On the way back into Bartlett Cove the wind had picked up and we got to navigate through some whitewater...which was awesome by the way...and got lots of sun and horsefly bites :)



After that we went hiking out to my favorite spot along the beach.  We wandered for several hours, constantly stopping to watch the whales near the shore that were jumping and feeding.  I tried to get some good pictures but I was never fast enough so I gave up and decided to put my camera away so that I wasn't watching all the action through a camera lense.

The splash after the whale jumped





Two of my friends came to church with me yesterday which was great and I'm just really having a fun time being a member missionary.  Despite the fact that I am a little anxious to get back to Utah, I must say that I am very grateful to be where I am and to be given so many wonderful opportunities.   I am happy to be in Glacier Bay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment