Monday, March 28, 2011

The best place in the whole wide world


I absolutely and completely adore Grand Teton National Park.  Maybe I'm a little biased since my family has gone there for vacation every summer since I was born.  And also because I worked there for a season and was able to experience the magic every single day for 4 months.  If you haven't been, I strongly encourage a visit.  If you need a tour guide, I'd be more than happy to accompany you and take you to the best places!

Summer in the Tetons is wonderful, but in these past few years I have discovered that winter in the Tetons is amazing!  It's really, really cold but with that comes very few people and lots of wildlife.  A couple of days ago I was lucky enough to go cross-country skiing in the Oxbow Bend area of the Snake River.  It was an overwhelming feeling to be on the sparkling, untouched snow.  All that I could hear were the sounds of nature...the trumpeter swans, the flowing river, the cool breeze, the river otters playing on the ice.  The sun was bright and warm, whispy clouds painted the sky, the river a deep rich blue that glittered as it reflected the light.  An overwhelming feeling of grandeur and awe overcame me to think that I could be in such a beautiful place.  I am not a graceful skiier and I hope to have many more opportunities to practice.  Maybe next time I ski I won't go somewhere so beautiful so that I don't get distracted :)  Here are a couple pictures.....


































PS- We saw 10 MOOSE at the same place, same time.  A whole group of them.  I've never seen anything like it!  This is just one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment